ze-full wp-image-3961″ title=”cuisinart-immersion-blender” src=”http://grillgrrrl.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/cuisinart-immersion-blender.jpg” alt=”" width=”516″ height=”347″ />
Ya’ll really gave me some marinade inspiration with this contest. Thanks again for all of your entries- I’m really excited to try your recipes. You guys gave so many great ideas I couldn’t pick just one person so I’m going to give away two blenders!
And the winners are:
Brian Hall and his Cuban Themed Dinner Party Idea for a marinade:
- 8 ounces canned guava paste , cut into 1/2-inch pieces (1 cup)
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 scallion, white part only, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
AND, Denise Lynn’s marinade/salad dressing:
- 4 yolks
- 1 1/2 TBL Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups light olive oil
- 1/4 -1/2 ~~~vegetable oil
- 2 TBL warm water ~~~only needed if it appears to thick to you as you emulsify it all together
- 1 3/4 TBL season salt ~~up to 2 but try it first
- 1 TBL onion powder
- 1 TBL paprika
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper ~~or a few shots of your favorite hot sauce ~~i use Crystal now and again
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon each ~~white and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry Thyme
- you may use fresh herbs in their place but in that instance ~~triple the amount to 3 teaspoons each
I really love my immersion blender- it is just so awesome for making marinades, compound butters, salad dressings, whipped cream- I mean just about everything. I also like that it is way easier to clean than my food processor!
To celebrate a new page I added to the site where I list my favorite gadgets entitled “Cool Stuff I Love”, I’m giving away a Cuisinart Stick Blender in the color of your choice: chrome, white, green, orange, pink, light green, turquoise, light blue, yellow, magenta or pink, a $29 value.
How to win:
Because Grilling season is getting close (though we know it is always grilling season!)- I want to hear about your favorite marinades. Please leave a comment with your favorite marinade that you would make with this mixer. Special consideration will be given to those who social network this giveaway- pinterest, twitter, fb, etc.
Contest will run until Thursday, March 29th at 5pm. May the best marinade recipe win!