French Dip Sandwiches: Great Use of Leftover Prime Rib!

12/01/Prime-Rib-French-Dip-Sandwich.jpg”> French Dip Sandwiches These are so easy yet so good. Leftover Prime Rib really makes this sandwich but you can always buy roast beef from the deli.

What to do when you have a large amount of Prime Rib leftover? Make French Dip sammies of course! This is a quick and easy crowd pleaser that is suitable for a hearty lunch or dinner. If you don’t have prime rib in the house, you can always buy deli roast beef but it prime rib would be my first choice! This is one of those dishes that will make you look like a Culinary Goddess but is easy-peasy to make.

Ingredients:

• One baguette of French Bread or Sourdough, sliced length-wise
  • 1 lb prime rib or roast beef, thinly sliced
  • 8-10 slices provolone cheese
  • 32 oz (1 qt) beef broth

Secretariat Dipping sauce (optional) or horseradish mayo (mayo with a little horseradish mixed in)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Slice the baguette in half lengthwise. Place the baguette on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Layer both sides with the provolone cheese. To the side of the baguette on the cookie sheet, put the roast beef on the foil so it can heat at the same time. Bake about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.

Let the baguette/cheese and meat roast in the oven until the cheese is melted. Meanwhile, heat the beef stock on the stove until hot.

Pull the baguette out of the oven and place on a cutting board. Place the meat evenly on the bottom baguette and place the other baguette on top. Slice into 3″ sandwiches and serve with a small single serving of beef broth per person. Serve with secretariat sauce or horseradish mayo.

Dinner is served and it took you less than 15 minutes!

Print Friendly

, , , , ,

9 Responses to French Dip Sandwiches: Great Use of Leftover Prime Rib!

1. PatioDaddio January 5, 2012 at 12:35 pm #

Man, I could go for one of those right about now! Nice work.

2. Larry January 5, 2012 at 3:45 pm #

Looks like a terrific use of the leftover meat and I still have a chunk of ours left in the fridge.

3. Scott January 5, 2012 at 8:59 pm #

Oh man those look good!

4. Lea Ann January 6, 2012 at 8:18 am #

Between you and Larry and those PR sandwiches and the leftover ham sandwiches I’ve seen on blogs, I’m really starting to regret that I had a pork roast for the Holidays.

5. Chris January 7, 2012 at 5:16 pm #

I don’t think I want to look like a Culinary Goddess. Can I be a “Savory Stud” or “Pulchritudinous Pitmaster” instead?

These sandwiches make me wish I had prime rib left. We made philly cheese steak sandwiches with ours but now I want these too.

6. Robyn January 9, 2012 at 8:27 am #

Chris, I think Culinary God would apply in your situation. I can’t even pronounce the last word used or what it means but it sounds like it would be good so let’s go with it lol. :)

7. George Frye April 22, 2012 at 2:02 am #

prime rib is an all around type of meat. It is great fresh off the grill, but even better the next day as a sit down in front of the tv and watch football meal. I love this recipe.

8. George Frye April 22, 2012 at 2:08 am #

I love this recipe. I truly believe that prime rib is great no matter what it is used for. I think this will be my next tailgate special.

9. Robyn April 22, 2012 at 8:52 am #

George-

I love Prime rib for sandwiches. You can’t buy roast beef at the store after you’ve been making your own prime rib and making sandwiches with it. Hope you enjoy!