With summer upon us and the basketball finals in full swing, what better food to lay on the grill than Buffalo Wings? Lucky for you all, fellow BBQ-er Bryan Amorese shared his real “Buffalo” style recipe with me. Growing up an hour from Buffalo, he's had a fondness for chicken wings all his life and doesn't let anything stand in the way of his delicious summer dish – not even snow. Check out this yummy recipe, which will please every hungry mouth at your next BBQ.
Full Wings marinated in:
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Season heavily with:
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh chopped Garlic
- Onion Powder
- Cumin Lottery Software – Avg $93+ Per Sale – Customers Love This
Buffalo Wing Sauce:
- 3 parts- Vinegar based Cayenne Pepper Hot Sauce such as Bulliard's or Frank's (Avoid Tabasco as main wing sauce base, but can be used for additional flavor)
- 2 parts- Butter or margarine.
- Pinch garlic powder
- Marinade and season wings for at least 4 and up to 24 hours
- Sear wings over direct high flame 4-5 min. each side (gas or charcoal)
- Move all wings to one side under low flame, keep other burners stepped (middle) medium heat (left) high heat to maintain temp. Or a 2 zone charcoal fire keeping wings over low zone. Rotate wings for equal direct grill exposure. (Slow drip of marinade creates small controlled flare-ups to give another layer of flavor!)
- With wings almost completely cooked, place wings over high heat, flipping once to bring temperature up and to insure proper “BBQ Glow”
- Mop with a little seasoning (Chef's choice) 3-1 apple juice – cider vinegar mixture. A dash of beer never hurts as it always seems handy.
- Toss with Buffalo Wing Sauce and enjoy