Grilled peaches and angel food cake make for a guilt free dessert!
Peaches are in season and it is the perfect time to take them to the next level when you fire up your grill. I’m a big proponent of making the entire “meal on the grill” from start to finish and this includes dessert. This is a super easy way to feed a crowd and finish a meal with a light and tasty summertime treat.
Ingredients for 4 hearty servings:
- One angel food cake, sliced in 3″ thick pieces
- 6 peaches, halved and pitted
- McCormicks Sugar and Cinnamon Grinder OR, you can substitute 1/4 cup sugar, 1/8 cup cinnamon to make your own “dessert rub”
- Whipped creme, creme fraiche, cool whip or ice cream
- Heat grill to medium high heat, about 350 degrees. If you have already made dinner on the grill beforehand, keep the grill hot so you can put dessert on afterwards.
- Halve the peaches and remove the pit. Keep the skin on and place the inside half face down into the cinnamon/sugar rub mixture. If using the McCormick’s cinnamon sugar rub, grind a generous amount on the peaches so as to form a sugary crust on the inside of the halved peaches.
- Grill peaches about 5 minutes per side, until nice char marks form. Peaches will begin to caramelize on the grill forming their own sugary juices.
- Grill angel food cake or another cake of your choice on the grill long enough to get char marks, about 3 minutes per side.
As angel foodcake is a lowfat, light and airy cake, this is a guilt-free dessert! Serve the cake, peaches and ice cream together. Enjoy!
Picture of me putting together my electric grill for an indoor grilling demo on the Good Morning South Florida Show. I grilled buffalo sliders and grilled peaches for 4th of July.
Share on Facebook